Respect Life Ministry
Respect Life Ministry
at Saint Joseph Parish
It is not “progressive” to try to resolve problems by eliminating a human life.
– His Holiness Pope Francis
Welcome to the Respect Life Ministry at Saint Joseph Parish, our dynamic outreach mission promoting the Respect for Life and the dignity of all persons from natural conception to natural death.
The Respect Life Committee addresses the following issues in ways faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church:
|Euthanasia||Law and Justice|
|Marriage and Family||Science and Medicine|
Click here for important and helpful Pro-Life links. . .
Upcoming Events in 2016:
- March for Life · Fri., Jan. 22, noon · “The Mall”, Washington · “Every Life Is A Gift” – Join the Saint Joseph community as we show to the nation and to the world that our commitment to the joys and blessings of life is strong, positive, vibrant, and vital. Contact the Respect Life Committee for more details. . . .
- “Making Life’s Final Decisions: Are You Prepared?” panel discussion and workshop · Spring 2016 - date to be announced · Your ideas and involvement are important to this timely and informative event, on issues faced by all individuals and families
- Baby Bottle Blessing · Spring 2016 - dates to be announced · Our annual collection for the Pregnancy Support Center of the Tri-Cities makes an important difference for mothers, babies, and families in our community
...plus many more events and activities! Join the Respect Life Ministry - your ideas and contributions are welcome!
+ + +
Since forming in early 2014, the Respect Life Committee has:
- Distributed the “Formation of the Christian Conscience” series about Church teachings on social issues, prior to the 2014 elections
- Organized the trip to the 2015 March for Life in Washington
- Presented the award-winning pro-life film October Baby
- Raised hundreds of dollars in financial support, and recruited significant donations of material supplies, for the Pregnancy Support Center of the Tri-Cities
- Presented the compelling pro-life documentary 40
- Organized the trip to the 2016 March for Life in Washington
Join the Respect Life Committee – your involvement will make a positive difference in the Respect for Life!
life [at] sjcpetersburg [dot] com
+ + +
“The Church is ‘pro-life’ . . . but what does that mean??”
Click here for the Respect Life Ministry’s Guide to the Formation of a Christian Conscience. We summarize the Church’s teachings from the Catechism on controversial or contentious social issues such as abortion, marriage and family, law and justice, and euthanasia.
The Catechism is intended to be read, understood, and used by the lay faithful. It is our “handbook” for inspiration on how to promote the Respect for Life with love, mercy, joy, compassion, and communion, through trust in the Holy Spirit. Read the Guide to the Formation of a Christian Conscience, and see how your faith can guide you as a citizen, family member, friend, and one of Christ’s servants.
+ + +
Saint John Paul II, The Gospel of Life:
Even in the midst of difficulties and uncertainties,
every person sincerely open to truth and goodness can,
by the light of reason and the hidden action of grace,
come to recognize in the natural law written in the heart
the sacred value of human life from its very beginning until its end,
and can affirm the right of every human being
to have this primary good respected to the highest degree.
+ + +
Saint Joseph Catholic Church
A Catholic Community in the Diocese of Richmond, Virginia
151 West Washington Street · Petersburg, Virginia 23803
Postal Address: Post Office Box 2006 · Petersburg, Virginia 23804
(804) 733-3115 · Fax: (804) 862-9931
Foundation in Love · Commitment to Service · Tradition of Growth
Original logo by Keith Gilliam.